[HOT] Showcases - What has been done with HOT's effort

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 19:52:32 UTC 2016

Whilst I think about it how about highlighting some of the more mundane
parts of HOT / OSM, although we map for disasters we also do missing maps
etc.  What we leave behind in theory is a working map.  I'm sure there are
studies that can show these bring a positive economic benefit to the local
population.  One that is not open to corruption.

Also we are introducing a number of people into the world of GIS.  I assume
also there are economic and other benefits from this as well.  You never
know we might even inspire a few people to become programmers and to set up
networks etc with attendant side benefits.

Cheerio John