[HOT] Showcases - What has been done with HOT's effort

Martin Noblecourt m_noblecourt at cartong.org
Fri Oct 28 08:10:17 UTC 2016

Hi Felix,

Regarding what we've been involved with:

  * MSF case study written with CartONG on GIS response to the Ebola
    crisis (inc. many aspects on OSM):
    http://cartong.org/news/update-msf-case-study-gis-ebola-response
  * Several case studies as part of the UAV research project conducted
    by FSD, CartONG, Zoi Network and UAViator, particularly in Haiti
    (with COSMHA:
    http://drones.fsd.ch/en/case-study-no-6-mapping-rapid-damage-assessments-of-tabarre-and-surrounding-communities-in-haiti-following-hurricane-sandy/)
    and Tanzania
    (http://drones.fsd.ch/en/case-study-no-1-mapping-flood-mapping-for-disaster-risk-reduction-obtaining-high-resolution-imagery-to-map-and-model-flood-risks-in-dar-es-salaam/)
  * All the stories on the Missing Maps blog:
    http://www.missingmaps.org/blog/
  * CartONG supported one of the phases of the UAV implementation in
    2014, it was an opportunity to record a video highlighting the work
    done by the local community & IOM:
    http://cartong.org/activity/communautary-mappinguav-project-haiti#
  * A short feedback on the OSM training we conducted in Madagascar last
    year (in French only, sorry):
    http://cartong.org/news/premier-retour-sur-la-mission-osm-madagascar

Feel free to publish them as long as you include links to the original
posts and authors.

As CartONG we always try to document & highlight the usefulness of the
work done by the OSM communities & the data they produce... when we can
(it is not always possible for budget & time reasons unfortunately).

Best

Martin