[HOT] Addresses in Africa

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 14:57:13 UTC 2016

Yes but it uses Google and Google often doesn't cover the parts of the
world we're interested in.  Besides which it locks you in by using words.
It also requires lots of java script and appears to need an online
connection to get the address.  Plus it takes 20-30 seconds to generate
one.  People generally get impatient with web sites after having to wait
two seconds.

I wonder if we can directly support latitude and longitude better.  A JOSM
plugin perhaps?  OSMAND support on poi?  A cross hatch pointer on the web
page tiles?

Cheerio John