[HOT] User removing highway tags from the Earthquake area (Uganda and Tanzania)

Marco constable13 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:01:40 UTC 2016

I just came thru this area [1] that I tried to map in the last few days
and found out that someone has been removing the highway=* tag from a
large number of ways. I wrote him a private message asking for the
reason of his edits, but I'd like to share this problem with someone
with more HOT experience in order to understand what's going on and how
can we quickly fix this, as road mapping seems to me seriously important
for the guys on the ground who use OSM to help the locals

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/-1.2260/31.5053&layers=HD

Thanks
Marco