[HOT] HOT Statistics

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 01:26:40 UTC 2016

You might like to think in terms of data quality.  Number of mappers is
interesting I've seen 20 new maperthon mappers not finish a single tile
between them and I've seen a team of three JOSM mappers map a project very
quickly doing about 90% of the project the other 10% was done by other
mappers.

One of the end users once said to me at a conference OSM is great stuff but
the quality is very uneven.

What can impact the rate of mapping is having a validator sitting on the
project.  Giving feedback seems to motivate the mappers to do a few more.

Cheerio John