[HOT] HOT Statistics

Imre Samu pella.samu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 01:58:20 UTC 2016

>  I am doing a presentation and I would like to cite some stats about some
HOT projects (I just need three or four examples).

one  example:
Typhoon Haiyan (2013)
 http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-typhoon-haiyan-2013
- OpenStreetMap Activities for Typhoon Haiyan (2013)
- http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-typhoon-haiyan-2013-contributors
 ( "To all *1,679 voluntary contributors* of the OpenStreetMap project for
Typhoon Haiyan (2013) who made more than* 4,799,290 Map changes!*"   )
- qualityassesment: http://americanredcross.github.io/OSM-Assessment/

Other:
West Africa Ebola Response
http://neis-one.org/2014/11/ebola-response-map/    "In total, more than
2,000 contributors made more than 10 million changes to the map"
http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-ebola-contributors   ( 2016-05-01
07:47:25 UTC )
     "To all 4,664 voluntary contributors of the OpenStreetMap project for
 Ebola Response (2014) who made more than 18,074,848 Map changes!"

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2014_West_Africa_Ebola_Response#Statistics_about_the_Ebola_Effort

"
The statistics on contributor activity take account of nodes, ways and
relations that were created, modified or deleted.
The net effect of these contributions on the OpenStreetMap database is
remarkable. In comparison with the OSMPlanet of early 2013, the net effect
on the map as of August 15 for Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone is :

   - 62,442 km of highways added from 21,597 (+289%)
      - 15,124 km of waterways added from 16,000 (+94%)
      - 11,162 Places added
      - 505,372 buildings added

"

and maybe useful:
Crowdsourced Validation and Updating of Dynamic Features in OpenStreetMap
An analysis of Shelter Mapping after the 2015 Nepal Earthquake
http://wrap.warwick.ac.uk/78701/

Imre