[HOT] How bad is mapping from offset imagery?

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 22:55:11 UTC 2017

When I validate or go searching for untagged ways I quite often come across
a building mapped two or three times its actual size.

If its important for estimating population etc perhaps this could be
mentioned in the instructions for the project.

For the moment I'm just adding building=yes tags.  There are too many to
correct manually and I must confess it takes longer than to delete and
remap with the JOSM building plugin.

Thanks John