[HOT] HOT Webinar: Learn to use Mapbox Studio Next week!

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Thu Apr 6 21:44:36 UTC 2017

Dear Friends,

HOT's next community webinar is a chance to see Mapbox Studio in
action and learn how to get started creating really compelling maps
and visualizing data.

Tuesday, April 11th, 11:00 am EDT ( 15:00 GMT )

Below is the event description, but I just want to emphasize: This is
about 10% demo of all the cool things you can do with Mapbox and about
90% hands on learning session. When finished, you can be confident in
the basic usage of Mapbox Studio and creating maps and styling your
data.

Like all our webinars, if you could please register so we know how
many folks are coming and can follow up easily if needed.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hot-community-webinar-getting-started-with-mapbox-studio-tickets-33508374450

Details on how to connect to HOT's Community Webinar will sent shortly
based on the number of folks that register.

This is a really great opportunity to learn the basics of Mapbox
Studio from one of the best and build your OSM skill set, I hope to
see you there!

Cheers
blake

HOT Community Webinar: Introduction to Mapbox Studio

This is a detailed introduction to Mapbox Studio, presented by Rasagy
Sharma, a Mapbox Design and Cartography Team member.

If you create and/or use OpenStreetMap (OSM) data, this session is for
you. It will take you to the next level of making use of OSM data to
create compelling maps and visualize geospatial data.

In this live, interactive session you will learn how to get started
with creating and styling maps and visualizing data in Mapbox Studio,
the leading OSM map creation and design tool. Build your cartography
skill set and learn ways to make your mapping projects even more
compelling.

You can register for a free Mapbox studio account before the session
so you can follow along or just take notes and see what Mapbox Studio
makes possible.

https://www.mapbox.com/

About the instructor: As a designer at Mapbox, Rasagy focuses on
telling engaging stories through data visualization, bringing design
thinking to the data team to improve our mapping tools and workflows,
and finding new ways to bring the mapping community together.

Blake Girardot
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, TM3 Project Manager
skype: jblakegirardot
HOT Core Team Contact: info at hotosm.org
Live OSM Mapper-Support channel - https://hotosm-slack.herokuapp.com/