[HOT] HOT Webinar: Learn to use Mapbox Studio Next week!

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Sat Apr 8 20:48:52 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Rasagy @mapbox sent me an update to the webinar description, it sounds
even cooler than when I first spoke with him about it:

"Many HOT projects involve either using existing OSM data on the
field, or contributing to improving existing OSM data. How can we
highlight and share such contributions through an interactive medium?

In this webinar, we will walk through a typical workflow to achieve
this using a mix of open source tools, Mapbox Studio & very basic
front-end technology. We will be using Overpass Turbo to extract
specific OSM datasets that we need, uploading them to Mapbox Studio,
creating a custom map layer with control over how to visualize this
data, and then adding basic interactivity (like hover for details,
toggle to show/hide layers etc.) using Mapbox GL JS."

If I did not mention it before, this webinar is scheduled for 90 mins
to make sure we can cover everything well and have room for questions
and answers throughout the webinar.

Tuesday, April 11th, 11:00 am EDT ( 15:00 GMT )

Once again, if you think you will attend, please just do a free
registration here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hot-community-webinar-getting-started-with-mapbox-studio-tickets-33508374450

Connection details will be sent out on Monday and the count of
attendees in Eventbright makes a big difference :)

Cheers
Blake

HOT Core Team Contact: info at hotosm.org
Live OSM Mapper-Support channel - https://hotosm-slack.herokuapp.com/