[HOT] Broken (multi)polygon cleanup

Michael HeiƟmeier michael63 at digital-filestore.de
Thu Apr 27 15:05:59 UTC 2017

Hi Donal,

Donal Hunt, 2017-04-27 16:26:
> Re: http://area.jochentopf.com/fixing.html#spikes-buildings
> <http://area.jochentopf.com/fixing.html#spikes-buildings>
> I looked at one of the issues flagged (e.g.
> http://maproulette.org/map/2498/2186222) and don't really understand what the
> "spike" problem is. Are there examples of how to identify the issue? Are these
> issues only fixable in JOSM or can one use ID?

According to Jochen's description on the webpage a spike is a line which returns
in itself. In the case you are asking for this line has zero length. There are
three nodes in the way for this house which are at the same position. This can
be visualized in JOSM using its built-in validator which detects duplicate nodes:

The house in the upper left of these nodes has the additional problem that it
contains one of the twice, hence the zero-length spike:

I don't think that you can detect something like this in iD. But you can clearly
see the ones with non-vanishing spikes (like
http://maproulette.org/map/2499/2187301) in iD.

If you use iD my suggestion is to skip those without visible spikes and leave
them to JOSM users.

Best Regards

--
/Michael