[HOT] Buildings and HOT's reputation in OSM

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 00:42:16 UTC 2017

I accept what you say Ralph but the motorcycle project is being run by an
conventional European or North American NGO.  It's organised mapping.

>The result will be a dedicated group in each country that will continue
the work, train more local people and expand the mapping community.

So is there a way to get this message across?  Are there examples where
after training they have enriched the map without being directed what to
map?

We've come a long way with the projects and maperthons simplifying and
standardizing improving the training material, and giving feedback so the
standard of mapping for new mappers is considerably higher than it has been
in the past.

The other part is are the locals trusting the map enough to use it for
local government type work?

Cheerio John