[HOT] Feedback on I think mapswipe

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 19:23:18 UTC 2017

I'm looking at project 3890 which apparently was prepossessed by mapswipe.

I think the mapswipe overlay has now been removed but what I have noticed
is a number of highways in a straight line are not connected up.  You get a
stretch of highway then nothing other than a faint mark on the imagery
followed by another stretch of highway.

Whatever the cause it means a lot more work has to be done when validating
joining up all the unconnected highways and I don't think its one bad
mapper its apparent on a number of tiles and mappers.

It might just be coincidence and nothing at all to do with mapswipe but
that's not my gut feel.

Cheerio John