[HOT] A request that HOT projects in Africa use a custom version of iD

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 18:05:31 UTC 2017

Whilst working on the Stat Can building project I was made aware that a
customised version of iD was possible.

In Africa one of the data quality problems is the highways being tagged as
living_street by new mappers.  It isn't in the African highway wiki as an
option but it is in the standard version of iD and I suspect that is where
they are coming from.

If the HOT projects were to have a customised version of iD then this
option could be removed together with any building tag other than yes.  The
exact options left would need to be identified but I'd like to see the
removal of highway=footway, highway=primary, highway=trunk and
highway=motorway.  The latter are often used between small settlements.

Thanks John