[HOT] Today is International Day of Zero Tolerance for FGM Day and everyday your mapping helps

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Mon Feb 6 18:09:50 UTC 2017

Dear Friends,

United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres marked the
International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation with
a speech calling for a global effort to end the practice. Studies
suggest around 200 million women and girls have been subjected to FGM,
a practice the UN's Sustainable Development Goal aims to abolish by
2030.

If you have not had a chance to read Janet Chapman's link she shared
earlier today about Crowd2Map Tanzania's work and how humanitarian
mapping helps Mugumu Safe House stop FGM, please take a moment and
read it. I have included it below. Many of us have worked on these
projects.

When I get asked why I map, it is projects like Crowd2Map Tanzania and
Mugumu Safe House  that are the answer. That is why I map. To
contribute in some small way to their work.

Respectfully,
Blake