[HOT] LearnOSM updates - Mapathon guide for organisers, Quick Access links and HOT-tips for new mappers

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 17:58:51 UTC 2017

Hi all,

http://learnosm.org/en/ has had a few updates!

My thanks to the whole team who have done such a great job on improving
the site recently. It's a team effort with work by many people, who help
to make it all happen. I'll mention a few names, and can only apologise
to those I miss - the help, feedback and advice is terrific - please
keep it up!

*Technical updates* that now give us a dropdown list for the
translations, a 'Quick access' list for those items we think will be
helpful to new mappers, and colour changes for sections of the menu
visited  (Michael Heißmeier).

*Organising a mapathon* with downloadable checklists (Ralph Aytoun,
Michael Heißmeier & others)

A new section *'HOT-tips'*  aimed at helping new mappers get started
using the Tasking Manager and iD editor. Validators may also find it
useful if looking for a guide to link to when sending feedback. Sections
include *tracing round buildings
(*http://learnosm.org/en/hot-tips/tracing-round-buildings/*)*, tracing
*rectangular buildings*, saving your work, copying and pasting etc..
Links are included to short training video's . (Many of the people in
this list may not realise how influential their help and advice was in
producing this section; Tyler Radford, Blake Girardot, Bryan Housel,
Ralph Aytoun, Suzan Reed, Sam Colchester, Michael Heißmeier, John
Whelan, Andrew Wiseman, Laura O'Grady & others).

*Translations - a special thanks to the translators* who help to produce
the guides within LearnOSM, but also make the iD editor, Tasking Manager
& countless other guides and resources available throughout the world.
It amazes me how diverse the languages are spread, with people
throughout the world reading the site. If you would like to help with
translations, please go to https://www.transifex.com and search for HOTOSM.

New members of the team are always welcome and the only qualification
needed is a willingness to help - feedback and advice is especially welcome!

Regards

Nick (Tallguy)