[HOT] note to Project Managers: Highway=road

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 22 23:47:01 UTC 2017

See comments that I made today for the Matthew disaster response.https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/2017-February/013021.html

This applies also to road tagging. Instructions in the tasking manager are only one step to complete the global task of mapping for an area.
 We need a collectiv approach, a systematic revision of road tagging. Organisers of mapathonns, and later Project managers, should monitor road addition and assure that the tagging is corrected appropriately by experienced mappers.
 As John just said, it is important to classify appropriately for the various Navigation Applications to find the appropriate roads to connect between two points.
Pierre