[HOT] Feedback about the Tasking Manager

Arne Kimmig arnekimmig at icloud.com
Sat Feb 25 10:13:06 UTC 2017

Hi Florian and all,

Thanks a lot Florian, I was also thinking about giving a similar feedback for the Aweil project. I support Florian's suggestions and below I added some more detailed comments about my observations during mapping.

I also think that TM is a great tool and in connection with Josm (I don’t know ID) I really enjoy mapping.

Best regards,

Arne

Errors I watched in the Aweil project

-buildings are marked as points and not traced
-buildings are not rounded or rectangular
-buildings get marked and tagged with additional information like 'residential'

-residential areas are drawn for less than three buildings
-residential areas are marked or tagged as building

-tasks are marked as done even if the mapper knows that residential areas are missing. Sometimes you find the comment 'did only buildings' or so.
-tasks are marked as done without any comment

Some questions that arose during my mapping in the Aweil project:

- What to do when I'm not sure if the structure is a building or not? Do not map it? Map it? Mark it with a fixme=confirm property?
- there are different styles mapping residential areas: some map narrowly around the buildings, others map them by clustering tukuls that are not to far apart (50m or 100m), and others map  big areas according to fences and geophysical borders. I know that there is no easy rule to define but there might some recommendations how to do it.
I myself started with narrow areas, then I was clustering somehow by distance and now I try to follow geophysical borders and fences.