[HOT] Could we get more out of our mappers by asking for less?

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 13:15:39 UTC 2017

>The one caution I would suggest is that "If something is worth mapping it
is worth mapping correctly".  Here in Ethiopia I have spent a lot of time
adding nodes to roads that were digitized at a coarse scale.  Mapping
quickly doesn't have to be done crudely.
There is no troupe of magic mapping elves that clean up the rough mapping.

I think this is a different conversation, I would prefer mappers take a
little more time and care, some buildings I've seen mapped have little
relationship to the size or shape of the building.

Cheerio John