[HOT] Mapping buildings

Daniel O'Connor daniel.oconnor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 00:31:10 UTC 2017

I tend to use osmose to detect 'large building intersection clusters' at a
very large scale - IE during the Nepal activation.
Others that show up building-in-building or 'special building due to size
marked building=yes' are also useful QA checks, often catching whole
residential areas marked as a building for example.

I think those may be the low hanging fruit of validation; and worth
considering as a recommended check at the project level.
Would be interesting to integrate those results into a 'validations' tab
per tile or per project, keyed off of an osmose feed.

Beyond that, its reasonably common to encourage 'squaring' the buildings -
but I dont think you'd be able to push much further than that and get the
majority doing it by default (would have to make it easier to one click
improve the traced data somehow)