[HOT] Optimal NAS tech specifications to serve imagery tiles

Dale Kunce dale.kunce at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 17:27:33 UTC 2017

Performance for imagery on either POSM or NAS would both be about the same
I think. POSM can do both dynamic tile generation and static tile caches.

POSM edits are still aggregated by a central import account when pushed to
osm.org. The individual editor is kept in the changeset but they don't
credit for the edit. We have been having conversations about ways to allow
contributors edits to stay with them throughout the process and getting rid
of the import account but this requires some changes/trusts with osm.org
that are not currently available. The ultimate solution is that POSM is a
trusted osm account generator, this involves many technical and political
hurdles.

Dale

sent from my mobile device

Dale Kunce