[HOT] Recent building mapping in Malawi

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 14:12:07 UTC 2017

I'm currently adding tags to some 1,500 buildings in Malawi.  Many are from
recent HOT projects.  I dislike validating building projects since I never
really know what to do with buildings that are three times the size of the
image and not square either but if someone could just run JOSM occasionally
on the project tiles for these sort of projects and give feedback to the
mappers that they really should tag their buildings that would help
enormously and the quicker you pick up the new mappers and correct them the
less work there is to do later on.

It isn't just Malawi by the way but most of these are less than a dozen
buildings per mapper and they all have to be visually checked.

Thanks John