[HOT] Recent building mapping in Malawi

Frans Schutz frans.schutz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 08:59:53 UTC 2017

You are right.
I see that as often as well. For sure  beginners who start with ID and even
start validating after a few Mapping sessions in which the most elementry
taggings went wrong. It would help if there is a mechanism in HOT task mgr
which not allows to start validating from ID or when a mapper has les than
a minimum level.
Frans

Op vr 10 nov. 2017 om 15:14 schreef john whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com>

> I'm currently adding tags to some 1,500 buildings in Malawi.  Many are
> from recent HOT projects.  I dislike validating building projects since I
> never really know what to do with buildings that are three times the size
> of the image and not square either but if someone could just run JOSM
> occasionally on the project tiles for these sort of projects and give
> feedback to the mappers that they really should tag their buildings that
> would help enormously and the quicker you pick up the new mappers and
> correct them the less work there is to do later on.
>
> It isn't just Malawi by the way but most of these are less than a dozen
> buildings per mapper and they all have to be visually checked.
>
> Thanks John

Frans