[HOT] What is up with Bing?

Jubal Harpster jubalh at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 25 18:40:52 UTC 2017

Hi Ciaran

I checked with the Imagery team and they confirmed the roll out of updated imagery for southern Africa including Namibia, Mozambique and South Africa. The good news is updated imagery, the not as good news is that there is indeed an offset in some areas.

The offset is not systematic, we can’t just nudge everything a few pixels over and have it be better aligned.  And the offset is small enough (on a global scale at least) that it’s well within our specifications for the imagery.
I think Emir’s suggestion to use the JOSM imagery offset tool is your best bet.  Hopefully this isn’t too much of a pain.

-Jubal