[HOT] mapping mines

Anders Pedersen apedersen at resourcegovernance.org
Wed Feb 21 19:35:44 UTC 2018

Hi Joost, Russell, all,

At Natural Resource Governance Institute (NRGI) we track, collect and structure data on mining contracts (resourcecontracts.org) and projects (resourceprojects.org). We are also interested in improving the public domain access to accurate lat/longs on mines (happy to discuss further) and would also be interested in providing input on OSM tagging if useful.

In the meantime one relatively rich public domain dataset on mine locations in Africa is this from the World Bank: https://energydata.info/dataset/africa-powermining-projects-database

Best,
Anders