[HOT] OpenStreetMap Somali translation

Rebecca Firth rebecca.firth at hotosm.org
Sun Feb 25 19:04:55 UTC 2018

Hi Nick,

Sadly my language skills don't allow me to help with this effort, but
really love the idea and looks like a great project!

Rebecca

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 1:48 PM, Nicholas Doiron <nickd at codeforamerica.org>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Last year, I started working with translators to support more languages in
> OpenStreetMap. This year, I'm interested in expanding that project to the
> Somali language.  You can see the first mock-up of this project on
> https://georeactor.github.io/osm-global/somali/about.html
>
> There are two tasks where Somali volunteers can help: translation and
> approval. The professional translator's work won't show up on the official
> website or iD editor until a second person checks it, so we can use even a
> few minutes of volunteer time to check their work looks right.
>
> Please let me know if you are interested in a map-athon, translate-athon,
> or some other collaboration on Somalia + Somaliland!  I can get you set up
> on TranslateWiki and Transifex.
>
> Regards,
> Nick Doiron

*Rebecca Firth*
Community and Partnerships Manager
rebecca.firth at hotosm.org <tyler.radford at hotosm.org>
@RebeccaFirthy

*Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team*

You can #mapthedifference today! Donate.hotosm.org
<http://donate.hotosm.org/>
<https://www.facebook.com/hotosm> | donate <http://donate.hotosm.org/>