[HOT] [talk-ph] Mayon Volcano Eruption Jan 2018

Ervin Malicdem schadow1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 01:33:45 UTC 2018

Thanks for the update Maning!

As for the Garmin map brought by Schadow1 Expeditions based on the data
gathered through the  HOT Tasks and other past mapping expeditions , these
were those who are using the map on the ground for extraction and
reconnaissance of evacuees as well as logistics:

1) Wilderness Search and Rescue Philippines (WISAR)
2) Team Rescue 8 Search and Rescue
3) Rescue Plus Training Services

(Since January 15 to date)

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018, 11:50 PM maning sambale, <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Quick update.
>
> Big thanks to everyone who helped with the 2 projects for Mayon Volcano.
>
> We already shared the data (through the HOT export tool) to the
> Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS)
> this is the government institution who supports the local government
> units in responding to the disaster.
> Also thanks to Erwin for providing updated GPS maps, which is now used
> by people on the ground.
>
> No new requests for mapping at the moment since we have covered the
> designated danger zones (PDZ + EDZ).
>

> On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 8:07 AM, Erwin Olario <govvin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Alert Level 4 (hazardous eruption imminent) is in effect over Mayon
> volcano
> >
> > Mapping the Permanent Danger Zone is already complete, and validated.
> There
> > is another  on-going effort to update and map the surrounding Extended
> > Danger Zone [1] , which now stands at 52% complete.
> >
> > Again, the new task URL is https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/4037
> >
> > /Erwin
> >
> > [0]:
> >
> http://www.phivolcs.dost.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8377:mayon-volcano-bulletin-23-january-2018-800-am-&catid=70:latest-volcano-bulletin&Itemid=500008
> > [1]: https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/4037
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 11:56 AM maning sambale <
> emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Mayon Volcano in the Philippines erupted this week.  Local community
> >> is mapping from pre-event imagery.
> >> This is not yet a full HOT Activation.  We are still assessing the
> >> needs of responders, but if anyone has spare time,
> >> we have a task [0] ready for the permanent danger zone.  This mapping
> >> is focused on mapping infrastructure (roads and buildings) and
> >> waterways.
> >>
> >> [0] https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/4027
> >>
> >> --
> >> cheers,
> >> maning
> >

> > --
> >
> > /Erwin Olario
> >
> > e: erwin at ngnuity.xyz | v/m: https://t.me/GOwin | s:
> https://mstdn.io/@GOwin
>

> --
> cheers,
> maning

Ervin Malicdem
for Schadow1 Expeditions
A Filipino must not be a stranger to his own motherland.
http://www.s1expeditions.com