[HOT] Hawaii Data

Dion Houston dionhouston at gmail.com
Thu May 17 18:55:55 UTC 2018

Thanks all for the immediate and great responses.  They were very helpful,
in particular the ArcGIS links.  That's what Army geospatial engineers
(terrain analysts) are trained in.

Just to let everyone know, I got started with this group when I was working
the Nepal earthquake for our logistics headquarters here in Hawaii.  I
moved on to work with engineers where again because of this group, I
realized the value geospatial brings to disaster relief and stood up a
capability, but it didn't deploy.

Now I'm in a position to influence support, and soon, for the first time in
at least anyone's memory, U.S. Army Pacific will actually send a terrain
analyst as part of a relief effort.  Long time coming :)

Just letting you know this because this effort is making positive inroads
in more ways than just OSM.

Take care,

Dion