[HOT] Ebola outbreak in the DRC

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Mon May 21 18:33:05 UTC 2018

Great Jean-Guilhem
With some Ebola cases in the large city of Mbandaka, it is important to intensify mapping to support epidemiologists in Congo. This url link let's see the urgent tasks for the OSM community to support remotely.https://tasks.hotosm.org/contribute?difficulty=ALL&campaign=Ebola2018
The ESA Global Buildup Density map can be added to JOSM with this josm wms link wms:https://utep.it4i.cz/geoserver/gwc/service/wms?SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetMap&VERSION=1.1.1&LAYERS=ESA_UTEP:GUF10_DenS&STYLES=&FORMAT=image%2Fpng&TRANSPARENT=true&HEIGHT=256&WIDTH=256&BOUNDS=%5Bobject%20Object%5D&STYLES=&SRS={proj}&WIDTH={width}&HEIGHT={height}&BBOX={bbox}
I also added these «pixels» to my osm-pixel map.
See https://pierzen.dev.openstreetmap.org/osm-pixels/#13/0.049695/18.245547where you select as overlay (Section A superposer) the ESA urban density layer.In the bottom section we can select Bing or other imagery to compare with this density map.
We see that not all urban areas are identified. Would other layers help to cover smaller housing density areas?
regard
 Pierre