[HOT] Recent MapSwipe Developments

Hagellach Hegenich hagellach at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 12:40:38 UTC 2019

 Hey all,

I wanted to share some recent updates related to MapSwipe with you. The
MapSwipe Working Group meets bi-weekly (e.g. today at 4pm UTC). We also use
Slack for discussion within our group. Those discussions are open to anyone
and if you're interested, just give me a short notice.

So what happened so far?

* there are 129 finished MapSwipe projects. <3
* opening, cleaning and updating the source code of MapSwipe, check it out
on Github: https://github.com/mapswipe
* we had a Mapswipe meeting in London at the beginning of April:
https://twitter.com/TheMissingMaps/status/1112780300105474049
* we updated our OSM-Wiki page: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/MapSwipe

What is going to happen in the next couple of weeks and month?

* MapSwipe will be presented at two events in London (MSF Scientific Days)
and Geneva (Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction)
* we're taking a look at the design of the app and thinking about some
improvements
* we're working on a new project type related to building footprint
validation
* we're working on yet another project type related to change detection
analysis (as part of HOT's Missing Millions project)

Here's a recent blogpost I put together, which gives some more details:
http://k1z.blog.uni-heidelberg.de/2019/04/29/mapswipe-for-change-detection-analysis/

This was just a very brief notice, on what the MapSwipe working group is up
to (and I might have missed some points). I will try to share updates more
frequently with the wider HOTOSM community. In case you want to hear more,
join our group or just use this mailing list to raise you questions.

Have a nice day,

Benni