[HOT] The point on the OSM Response to the DR Congo North Kivu / Ituri Ebola outbreak

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 11 17:22:29 UTC 2019

Thanks to all the contributors for the Tasking Manager project 5601 for Butembo which is now completed with a great success. The number of buildings has doubled from 2018-12-11 and is now at 146,466 for the area covered. Also the ratio of Irregular geometries and Duplicates has dramatically decreased.

The coordination group for this Ebola Response now switch the priority to the areas along the road between Beni and Bunia (Job 5660) and we should come back later to complete Butembo.

For job 5660, Buildings and roads need to be completed for the urban areas and the forestry isolated areas.  In the forestry area, we ask to keep the map significant and then avoid to add short segments of temporary tracks where the forestry workers did cut wood or to indicate these areas as wood cut since either these tracks or wood cut are permanent.

The project is again limited to intermediate mappers to assure quality in the context of this emergency.revising geometries and adding new buildings.

To see jobs available and priorities for this OSM Response, see https://tasks.hotosm.org/contribute?difficulty=ALL&organisation=OSM-CD&campaign=Ebola2018
regard

Pierre