[HOT] Activation Working Group Meeting

Ulbrich, Philipp P.Ulbrich at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 15:44:57 UTC 2019

Hello HOT Community,

We’ll have our regularly scheduled Activation Working Group meeting on Friday, 1st of February 2019, at 1500UTC.

We’ll meet on the #hot IRC channel, and you are also welcome to join the meeting on the #hot_irc_channel on HOTOSM Slack. More info can be found here: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Working_groups/Activation.

During the meeting we will continue reviewing the Activation Protocol. Please find the latest draft version here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qefHRE3_wUyG3lMSb7NlkSDtPuQeaQXsflkxt3E3xSA/edit. This may be of interest for people who are new or want to join the AWG as it’s a good summary of its tasks. For people who have been around a bit longer it will be an opportunity to share their views on the draft based on their experience. Community feedback is particularly important here as it will determine how activations are run, which is at the core of HOT’s response to disaster events and ability to provide assistance.

Also, please join us if you are interested in playing an active role in preparation for and during disaster response with HOT, even if you’re not yet formally ‘in’ the HOT Activation Working Group (no previous experience is needed). Just let us know during the meeting that you would like to join.

Looking forward to our meeting!

Best wishes,

Philipp

Philipp Ulbrich (AWG Co-Lead)