[HOT] HOT Tech announcement | December 17th

wille wille.yyz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 10:38:32 UTC 2020

Hello Humanitarian OpenStreetMappers,

This is the last Tech Announcement of 2020 and we have some great news...

*Tasking Manager 4.2.3 released*

This week we released the version 4.2.3 of Tasking Manager. The main new
feature of this release is the possibility to filter projects a user can
map or validate, based on the project and user permissions. The goal of
this new feature is to direct users to projects they can actually
contribute and make the experience of using TM more fluid. Other highlights
of this release are wider browser support and a message asking mappers to
read previous comments if the task they are mapping was invalidated
previously. Check out other enhancements in the release notes
<https://github.com/hotosm/tasking-manager/releases/tag/v4.2.3>.

*10,000 projects milestone*

Tasking Manager just hit 10,000 hosted projects! Big shout out to everyone
past, present and future for all of their immense efforts and everyone who
has contributed to its development and growth.

*Welcome to hot_tech…*

As everyone is well aware, we have been afforded an ‘Audacious’ opportunity
to welcome some impressive new talent into the fold. I was once told never
to assume you're the smartest in the room and with the addition of these
four new team members, I know for sure that I am not. Read more about our
new members in this blog post
<https://www.hotosm.org/tech-blog/welcome-to-hot-tech-dot-dot-dot/>.

--
Wille Marcel
Product Owner at Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team