[HOT] HOT Tech announcement | January 6th

wille wille.yyz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 19:26:25 UTC 2021

The Tech Team wishes you a Happy New Year! Here are our first updates of
2021:

*Tasking Manager 4.2.4 released*

The main new features of the 4.2.4 TM release are dedicated to the
validators. We made it possible to check the history of all tasks when
validating multiple tasks and we also added a new “Resources” tab, which
gives to validators some useful links like the project’s AoI and task grid
download, and the links to open the changesets associated with the project
or task on OSMCha <https://osmcha.org>. Check out other new features and
bugs fixed in the release notes
<https://github.com/hotosm/tasking-manager/releases/tag/v4.2.4>.

*Rapid assessment & Design sprints (RaDs)*

The Tech Team will be undertaking a series of two week sprints, that are a
combination of a rapid assessment & design sprint, in order to understand
better the needs of the users on the humanitarian OSM universe. Your
participation will be very important, so read more about the RaDs
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/bo_hot/diary/395158> and join us
filling this form <https://forms.gle/2ZWfcvASRiMYDgTN7>.

*Tech Working Group - January’s meeting*

We are going to have a new Tech Working Group meeting on the next Tuesday,
January 12th, 14:00 UTC. Join us to know more about what our team is
working on and to contribute to our prioritization process. Check out the group
page <https://groups.google.com/a/hotosm.org/g/techwg> or the Google Meet
link <https://meet.google.com/rmn-tygd-aab>.

--
Wille Marcel
Product Owner at Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team