[HOT] Adhoc maps? Are we using uMap correctly?

Russell Deffner russell.deffner at hotosm.org
Wed Jan 6 06:17:30 UTC 2021

Hi Valent,

This is a good mailing list for general discussion on humanitarian use of
uMap, but may not be monitored by anyone on the uMap team. There's a
feedback button on the application itself that points to
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/UMap#Feedback_and_help - which has
several ways to contact the team directly.

However, you are not wrong - we did a small experiment recently with
multiple editors and you can, but they can't edit simultaneously; in
general - one person can edit, then save, then another and so on. So no,
not ideal for what I think you're trying to do; or for some of the things
we at HOT want to be able to do.

Let us/me know if you do get any response from the uMap team on this,
thanks!
=Russ

*Russell Deffner*

*Disaster Response Coordinator+*