[HOT] Trunks in Highway Tag Africa

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Mon Jan 25 19:09:56 UTC 2021

Thanks Ralf
We should reference these two network wiki pages since they list the Network relations. Aslo, both are using the int_ref key.
I propose to keep the actual description :

A main road with a motorway-like layout with multiple lanes which is restricted to motorised vehicles. Unlike motorways, trunk roads might have crossings or traffic lights.

Plus add exception for inter-regional highway networks as below :

The convention is to also use the trunk classification for Major road networks across countries. with the following keys :
    [highway=trunk][int_ref=road reference]  ( ex. int_ref={ TAH 1, SADC 10 } )

 See for Africa, the [Trans-African highway](https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Trans-African_Highway) and the [Southern African Development Community Regional Trunk Road Network (SADC RTRN)](https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/SADC_Regional_Trunk_Road_Network)

Pierre