[Imports] [Talk-us] HI: Hawaii GIS Data

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Sat Dec 5 00:22:53 GMT 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-05 at 00:12 +0000, Shaun McDonald wrote:
> Why oh why oh why do some people insist on wasting time trying to
> import loads of data?

Mapping is fun, but I personally think it is more fun when you're
enhancing someone else's work rather than starting from a blank slate.
Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Anyway, Scott, I'd encourage you to find some specific goals that you'd
like to achieve with the import.  It may not be worth importing things
just because they are available.  Is there something specific missing
from or lacking in OSM that the import could help with?

-- Dave