[Imports] first TMC road-import - please review

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at Wolschon.biz
Mon Dec 7 21:18:24 GMT 2009

I`m currently running the import of the TMC location-codes for roads.
It will probably require all night to run. I don´t want to put too
much stress on
the Xapi so it´s doing one search at a time using only one server at a time,
backing of for 30 seconds for at most 3 times when it receives a code 501 .
And of cause caching whatever it already received.
This has proven to work quite well.

In case of error everything stops and can be manually started again to resume
where it has stopped using the wiki to keep track of what the script or
humans have already done.

* it looks like a good percentage of the roads is covered automatically.
* Only a few hundred may be left for manual tagging but this estimate
may change as the
  script progresses from well mapped high-level roads to the lower levels.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/TMC/TMC_Import_Germany/Roads

* There are still lots of areas that need actual people. (No help from
automatic scripts for areas, sorry.)
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/TMC/TMC_Import_Germany/Areas

* I`ll look into Segments and Points after this is done.
* I want to import important segments and points around Berlin
manually to show a working system of geolocating traffic-announcements
with OSM at the 26C3.

Marcus