[Imports] TMC - automatic part done. We need volunteers now.

Marcus Wolschon marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 12 19:59:39 GMT 2009

Hello everyone.

The automatic import of theTMC location-codes for roads is done.
The script worked very well and did LOTS of work but of cause there
are quite a number of roads left that need to be identified and
tagged by a human if we want to get traffic announcements for them for
free.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/TMC/TMC_Import_Germany#WORK_TO_BE_DONE

I uploaded everything now. What you can find in the wiki are all
elements. Nothing
else is going to be added for Germany.
I may be able to automatically do quite a number of the Points but certainly not
all of them. Everything that could be done automatically has already
been done for
areas and roads. For these we need volunteers. Sorry, computers are too stupid
to do more then what has already been done for these.

Marcus