[Imports] NHD import process

Nakor nakor.wp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 03:14:07 GMT 2009

   Hello,

I was interested in importing the NHD data in my area so I take a quick
look at the NHD page on the wiki and tried some things.

I first got the data form the NHD server.

I then wanted to convert the data to OSM. On the wiki the only clue you
have a bout this is a SVN repository link. I downloaded the scripts and
tries to play with them:

polyshp2osm-Area.py hydrography/NHDArea.shp -o 1000000
polyshp2osm-WaterBody.py hydrography/NHDWaterbody.shp -o 1000000
shape_to_osm-Flowline.py hydrography/NHDFlowline.shp ./FlowLine.osm
shape_to_osm-Line.py hydrography/NHDLine.shp ./Line.osm

I get OSM files but the issues is that several entities have no names.
How can I get them?

The line file is empty. What is it supposed to contain?

Are all of these useful and should all of these be uploaded?

Finally how can I merge various OSM files? I tried from JOSM but it
takes forever.

  Thanks,

N.