[Imports] How to run Java shp-to-osm?

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 16:13:33 BST 2010

Kevin,

While Sam isn`t president, he is bringing up an important point.

I've just come back from SoTM and so much of what was discussed was
due to well-intention imports and the problems they cause.

No one is saying imports shouldn't happen, but that when they do
happen, they need to be done with the utmost care, involving several
dimensions:

* Licensing
* Tagging
* Data simplification
* Object representation/simplification
* Work duplication
* Handling failures

And most of those really need community involvement to be done right.

I *think* that was Sam's point.

- Serge