[Imports] Fwd: City of Portland data

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Tue Mar 30 02:55:07 BST 2010

... and to the list as well.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Richard Weait <richard at weait.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Imports] City of Portland data
To: Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org>

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
> I'd like to direct attention to a question I posted on the diaries
> regarding City of Portland's data policy.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Paul%20Johnson/diary/10142

I see no grant of rights.

A copyright statement is not required for copyright protection on a
work created since 1989, so copyright protection is automatic.  In the
absence of an explicit grant of rights, no rights are granted.
Leaving only Fair use / Fair dealing rights to the data.

Is there a grant of rights elsewhere?  It should really be in the
license.  They should really publish under PDDL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright