[Imports] new data available for albania

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 28 13:59:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Mike  Dupont
> <jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I have an agreement with  Agim Kopani and others to use this data
>> under the creative commons license.
>
> Oh, you aren't the publisher?  Perhaps you could link to the original
> publisher and license then?  Or at least the permission you have from
> the publisher to relicense the work?

The agreement with agim is that we are working on helping albania, He
is the author and gave me this data. I can show you the emails. Same
with the city of prizren and other sources. I will have to document
that better for sure.

>> I don't see any problems with using creative commons, in fact I prefer
>> it to other licenses, at least I understand it. Why put it under PDDL
>> or any other license?
>
> PDDL would make the data available to all open data projects,
> including current OSM and future OSM under ODbL.  As it stands, the
> data you are putting forward as acceptable would have to be removed as
> part of the license change.
>
> Is that your agenda?

I don't have an agenda, but I am a believer in share-alike.

I still don't see the point in breaking the compatibility with
cc-by-sa, really I don't. I have said before, the idea of breaking the
compatibility is an alien concept to me, I have not considered its
full impact and really, I am not a lawyer. I have spent a lot of time
thinking about creative commons and I think I understand that.

I am trying to help as I can. We will deal with the license change
when it happens.

thanks
mike
--
James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania