[Imports] New module to merge-sort imports over time (osmfetch python)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Aug 26 18:03:00 UTC 2011

Hi,

Josh Doe wrote:
> Not necessarily. OSM reflects reality, therefore if the person doing
> this merge _knows_ this store is open, then OSM should be corrected.

If there is a person who knows that the store is open (e.g. because they
have just visited it) then of course they can tag it appropriately. They
are then, after all, just another mapper, as you say - part of our
community.

I'm only objecting to doing this automatically ("I have this list from
the parent company which says the store is open. I haven't visited the
store in person ever but I guess they are authoritative, so I'll trust
them rather than the mapper who said it is closed"). That's not ok.

> Of course the person doing this merge should exercise due diligence.
> If their records show a store is closed, but OSM shows it as open, the
> person should call the store or somehow verify the information is
> correct and up to date.

Yep.

Bye
Frederik