[Imports] New module to merge-sort imports over time (osmfetch python)

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Sat Aug 27 06:39:07 UTC 2011

>> Of course the person doing this merge should exercise due diligence.
>> If their records show a store is closed, but OSM shows it as open, the
>> person should call the store or somehow verify the information is
>> correct and up to date.

Based on this I'll added to the "diff" seen by the mapper.
I can show the comments tag in the summary.  So the merge run might produce:

Source key 5: name="Big Chain"
Osm    key 5: name="Big Chain (CLOSED)"
Osm    key 5: comment="This store was burned to the ground by
anti-Canadian mobs"
Osm    key 5: userid=goodMapper

Source key 6: name="Big Chain"
Osm    key 6: name="Big Chain HIRES ILLEGAL CANADIAN WORKERS"
Osm    key 6: userid=vanalHaxxer

Source key 7: name="Big Chain"
Osm    key 7: name="Big Chain HIRES ILLEGAL CANADIANWORKERS"
Osm    key 7: userid=vanalHaxxer

Source key 8: name="Big Chain"
Osm    key 8: name="Big Chain HIRES ILLEGAL CANADIAN WORKERS"
Osm    key 8: userid=vanalHaxxer

Add    key 1: name="Big Chain"        (the tool won't discover that
vanalHaxxer deleted store #1)
Add    key 2: name="Big Chain"        (the tool won't discover that
vanalHaxxer deleted store #2)
Add    key 3: name="Big Chain"        (the tool won't discover that
vanalHaxxer deleted store #3)
Add    key 4: name="Big Chain"        (the tool won't discover that
vanalHaxxer deleted store #4)

So in the end is the tool considered harmful?