[Imports] [Tagging] New module to merge-sort imports over time (osmfetch python)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 00:39:46 UTC 2011

2011/8/26 Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com>:
>> My only technical comment regarding your script is that we usually put the
>> source tag(s) on the changeset, not the individual node, nowadays.
> But I'd like to keep source tags on the node, so hand mappers can understand
> that the data is mastered  elsewhere.

if the data is "mastered elsewhere", don't import it into OSM.
You suggest to put 4 tags as reference to the external source:
    source=osmfetch:xxx
    source:pkey=yyy
    source:licence=llll
    source:website=http://zzz

even if you can't be convinced to put this information in the
changeset (which would be preferable as Frederik told you as well),
please consider using just one tag. E.g. source:license is not
important once the data is in OSM: all OSM data is distributed under
the same license. Source:website is information that doesn't belong to
the dataset IMHO, it would be better put (together with the license
information) on a wiki page.

cheers,
Martin