[Imports] Import Sanitary / Toilets from Opendata Paris

fanAtiC fanatic84 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 14:54:59 UTC 2011

Hi !

I'd like to do an import referencing all toilets from Opendata Paris
(Official data from Paris administration)
(http://opendata.paris.fr/opendata/jsp/site/Portal.jsp).
But first of all, I'd like to thanks you for all the great work. I like very
much Osm and it's growing so much :)

I've followed the guideline and posted in Potential Datasources
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Potential_Datasources#Open_Data_-_Paris

In ording to create the new data, I did the following steps :

1) Get and Convert the shape file from opendata to osm format

2) Download the lastest data osm from geofabrik and filter only toilets

3) Open both files with JOSM

4) Calibrate the opendata osm file so that it fits osm file from geofabrik.
Now what we can see (in screenshot) is 4 things :

*(majority)*
- Toilets icon with yellow shape on top of them. That's already and
correctly place toilets node.
- *Yellow shape form with nothing behind*. This is missing toilets nodes.
*(some)*
- Toilets icon with nothing on top of them. This is unreferenced toilets by
opendata paris, parc toilets, mayor house toilets ... May be unexisting
toilets :/
*(minority)*
- Toilets icon with yellow shape near them. This is probably missplaced
toilets node.

5) Create a third file and manualy add Toilets node for each "Yellow shape
form with nothing behind", and place Toilets node on top of them.
I didn't modify any existing toilets or add toilets node on top of already
existing toilets node.

I think this is safe for me to publish the change as there is only few nodes
(~ 250), and only add certain "type" of nodes. I've looked with streetview
at some of thoses point and i think this is accurate (also this is an
official source)

In conclusion, if this import go through. It will double the number of
referenced toilet in Paris which is not bad at all !

Can I have a feed back on this ?

Thanks a lot =)