[Imports] import of data - which account to use?

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 01:59:16 UTC 2011

With the limited imports I have performed I have used my personal
account. But I have only done single boundary objects at a time with
manual review and integration into existing OSM data. Bulk imports are
much trickier and I would lean more towards separate accounts in that
case.

I'm glad you are reading the import guidelines. Please follow them.
History has shown that even imports done with the best of intentions
are very hard to get right. I'm not sure if this is universally
accepted and I don't see it in the guidelines but I also tagged my
changesets with an "import=yes" tag plus of course a source tag just
to make it clear where the data came from.

Toby