[Imports] Updated and translated labels

Emma Lyons emmaklyons at gmail.com
Wed May 18 19:54:44 UTC 2011

Hello from Urban Mapping, Inc.

We recently exported Planet.osm for use in a base map of the world with
accurate and well placed labels of countries, admin 1 areas (i.e. the States
in the USA), and cities over 100,000.  We now have a file with state and
city names translated into English, German, and French, plus the adjusted
points, in lat/long, of where the labels are drawn for best cartographic
design at different zoom levels..

We would like to give this back to OSM, however we are not sure how to do
this.  Can you please advise?

Duplication would be an issue, so we are hoping to get some advise on how to
avoid this, and just replace the edited names.

Thank you,
Emma Lyons