[Imports] Fwd: [OpenStreetMap] Uploading filling stations

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Thu May 19 11:58:42 UTC 2011

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 19 May 2011 10:57:12 +0100
> Von: MOL Group service stations <m-186888-5f7c7a at messages.openstreetmap.org>
> An: Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
> Betreff: [OpenStreetMap] Uploading filling stations
>
> About the method of uploading:
> Considering the magnitude of data, I would really prefer some batch upload methodology. To find the easiest way I have made some research and found a peer who already managed such uploading task in case of electric charging stations: http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/eladestationen
> This community member, named “eladestationen” will send a monthly set of data on electric charging station POI-s to OSM for uploading.
> I am asking the responsible person if I could go by the same procedure, i.e.: I send the coordinates, with company names, icons, etc to OSM who uploads them to the map. In order to continuously maintain the actual status of our filling station network we can send updates of closed or newly opened filling stations monthly or quarterly.

Anyone who's interested in helping upload this data, please look here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Conflation/Nodes

The JOSM plugin isn't usable yet, but once it is this is a perfect use
case for matching and merging their data with OSM. I've yet to have
any interest in the plugin, so if anyone sees value in it let me know.
:)

-Josh