[Imports] Making the best use of available data - a usecase without a solution?

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Fri Aug 3 03:53:25 BST 2012

> From: Andy Allan [mailto:gravitystorm at gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: [Imports] Making the best use of available data - a usecase
> without a solution?
>

> Let me know if you have any questions!

I'm installing it on my hetzner box and ran into problems when following the instructions

pnorman at took:~/snapshot-server$ rake db:migrate
rake aborted!
PGError: ERROR:  relation "geometry_columns" does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT * FROM geometry_columns WHERE f_table_name='schema_mi...
                      ^
: SELECT * FROM geometry_columns WHERE f_table_name='schema_migrations'

Tasks: TOP => db:migrate

Also, do these tasks set up the production database or just -dev and -test?

For loading the data, do you have to produce a .osm file with positive IDs? My recollection is osmosis has issues with negative IDs. I can patch ogr2osm to produce positive IDs if necessary.

Lastly, is there any documentation about how to easily get the layers into Potlatch?

Thanks,

Paul